Saturday, August 3, 2013

Just finished a new assemblage that I am proud of...  one of those pieces that you just can't stop working on once you get it in your head (yes, I can be a TAD bit art obsessed).  Hope you like it... it's titled "PEACE WITHIN" and the meaning of peace within for me is that I truly believe that peace within can only begin when your heart and your head work together in harmony.






 

I started with a tiny steampunk heart I sculpted out of polymer clay.  That was added to a some of the inner workings of a vintage pocket watch.                                                                      
 Then , I fashioned a tiny steampunk head out of a Retro Café Head Shrine and some more of those pocket watch pieces...   
 ...all was added to a thrift store shadow box that I aged and then backed with the cover of a vintage book (which was cut to size). To finish it, we go back to Retro Café for a tiny plaque (from a pack of label pull style frames) which was decopauged with vintage song lyrics and rubbed with gilder's paste and a scavenged metal piece off of an old window frame.  I like the way it all came together-  I hope you do too!  Namaste!


3 comments:

  1. I love the depth and meaning of this piece! So wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely piece of work Sherry. Adorable and so meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on this piece being published inSomerset Studio magazine Jan/Feb 2014 edition ������

    ReplyDelete